WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Should I sell my armies?

General Discussion

Should I sell my armies?

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:46 pm

There's not been much traffic here literally at all for some time and the few times I've gone to Tacoma, I've been told people arent going anymore by the Game Mtrix staff (which could mean zero to be honest). There hasnt been any attempts at local tournaments and the campaign was mostly with guys "in the know" and nothing really advertised or explained here.

So is there any activity going on? Will there be (locally). I know there were some out of town things but... It's awful quiet on the Western Front.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Re: Should I sell my armies?

Postby DylanGould » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:09 am

If you are not playing regularly, I suppose deciding to sell depends on if you plan to play at a later date. We have been playing Flames on Thursday evenings at OCC, as usual, for quite a while. Even on days we are dabbling with other games, somebody always has a Flames force handy.

When you asked about the Market Garden campaign back in September, I gave you the point of contact; did he not give you the info?
DylanGould
Lieutenant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 am

DylanGould wrote:If you are not playing regularly, I suppose deciding to sell depends on if you plan to play at a later date. We have been playing Flames on Thursday evenings at OCC, as usual, for quite a while. Even on days we are dabbling with other games, somebody always has a Flames force handy.

When you asked about the Market Garden campaign back in September, I gave you the point of contact; did he not give you the info?

Yeah I am going to go to the Early War thing in February but it seems like there's just not much going on Sundays. Like i said, no tournament in QUITE some time at OCC or Game Matrix either.

Mikhail did talk to me. He was pretty vague when I asked if anything but Market Garden was allowed (since I have no explicitly Market Garden forces built and needed to know whether I needed to do something special for it). Never got a clear sense and he was kinda wishy washy about his answer so I just figured something would get posted. It wasn't. That's kinda where it died.

My main attraction for playing on Sundays is that it doesn't EVER conflict with work. Hooray! So that was my preferred day to do it. The lack of games on Sundays was a bummer.

Anyways, sounds like there's still stuff going on, and maybe I've just been missing it.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby DylanGould » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:32 am

The finale for the Market Garden campaign is this Sunday at OCC, 2K points starting at 11:00. Any list from Market Garden or Bridge By Bridge.
DylanGould
Lieutenant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:06 am

DylanGould wrote:The finale for the Market Garden campaign is this Sunday at OCC, 2K points starting at 11:00. Any list from Market Garden or Bridge By Bridge.

Sunday? Nice. I can make Sunday probably. I dont know those books though. What I was asking him was whether the StugG batterie was in them or some variant or something. I am sure Grenadiers or panzergrenadiers would be? I'll have to maybe pay for Easyarmy updates I guess.

Okay so I looked it up and they do have a Stug G list.

This is what it might look like:

Bridge By Bridge

95 StuG Batterie
285 Assault Gun Platoon
285 Assault Howitzer Platoon
285 Assault Gun Platoon
255 SS-Panzer Crew Platoon Fearless Trained Allied Platoon
245 Pionier Platoon (85.)
185 Motorised SS-Artillery Battery Fearless Veteran Allied Platoon
245 Heavy Anti-aircraft Gun Battery Reluctant Trained Allied Platoon
100 Air Support
------
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Return to General Discussion