WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

ITC 8th Ed Kick Off "Fight" 2000pt Bremerton, WA July 15

Tournament announcements, results, and feedback.

Re: ITC 8th Ed Kick Off "Fight" 2000pt Bremerton, WA July 15

Postby Kingpin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Need an update. How did the day go?
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:29 pm

GW can saaaay 2 hours is doable, but 2.5 hour rounds needs to be the standard. My opponent had 4 models left, two nearly dead and we made it to the end of round 3. I got my turn cut short. Had there been a 4th round, I table him and win the tournament w a perfect score! Instead I lost. Le sigh.

I heard similar stories at our event. Its early in the edition but one thing is clear. Alternating deployment and some other factors really cut into the game time. Example was the Ynnari Soulburst thing. It just adds to the game length and frankly if were being honest, isnt even a fair mechanic. But its greatest crime is the time it took to resolve the resulting charge and the resulting overwatch and so on. Ugh.

I had a blast though. The actual event and opponents were good. I fought a Propheryon Titan which was real scary. That is a big big model. I also got to play Don. Kroot Hounds spelled doom for him. Time and again the Kroot Hounds have proven their value. I also played against a Harlequin force and learned that prioritizing their crazy pistol units is a good idea. I got caught off guard by their postola shenanigans. He wont catch me flat footed again however.

Also forgot, more than once, to move certain units and forgot to attack with my Kroot Hounds in one combat which was hilarious..
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby WinterTalon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Had fun. Line of sight blocking terrain was lacking on most of the tables. That was my only issue. Each table needs 3 to 5 of them of different sizes. My first game was a shooting gallery i faced a stormlord and 40 shoot fly that hid behind 100 conscriptes vs my nids. There wasn't a thing i could do. The stormlord could see everything on the table. it deleted two units a turn by it's self. I feel that will be the new LeafBlower for IG AM.

The event has a lot of terrain so that is good but ruins don't work like they did in 7th. They will have to build some decent line of sight terrain.
WinterTalon
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Tournaments