WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Looking for a 40K game this evening 11/29@ OCC, 5PM or later

General discussions

Looking for a 40K game this evening 11/29@ OCC, 5PM or later

Postby Unorthodoxy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:45 am

Hey guys, just putting my tendrils out there. I get that its short notice but that being said, if any of you can face off tonight that would be swell.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Re: Looking for a 40K game this evening 11/29@ OCC, 5PM or l

Postby Kingpin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:54 am

Game on!
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby oatsman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Kick his ass Sea Bass! JK have a good game!
oatsman
Sergeant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:24 am

Yup. This game happened. He brought a completely armored corps with some guys inside and i brought the Militarum Tempestus (well technically it's Astra Militarum actually).

We called it after 3 1/2 hours because he had to go after four turns. I had three objectives, he had one and it was my bottom of turn 4. I was kinda low on bodies by this point (as is frequently the case in this army).

He got First Blood from me by walloping my snipers. He got my Warlord in turn 4 with a couple Heavy Flamers on the Chimera. My Force Stave wielding Psyker was a bad ass. I was rudely reminded why I need that damn Manticore in my force. Ugh. STILL out of stock.

We consumed Command Points like they were water in the desert and orders flew into the air lik confetti. I learned a whole bunch of stuff was either tougher or weaker than I thought. T6 tanks? yup. There are some. Hitting on 3's with my Psyker? who knew? Thought it was 4's for some reason. Dunno why.

And why the FRACK do Crusaders get TWO base attacks? 10 of them for 150 points? You can buff them with a character to get THREE and re-roll on the charge? WTF. That's insane. They went too far on that. It was Overkill for the most part anyways BUT the one entire unit of Scions who died didn't think it was too cool.

Anywho, it went well. Nt having the handy dandy cards was a bumer though.So used to having those.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby Kingpin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:00 am

It was a bloody good game. IG vs IG is always an interesting match up but luckily we where playing completely different style lists so it made for a bit more variety. The Leman Russ where the all-stars of my list and I really am happy with how they play this edition. It was a fun game just sad I had to leave early.
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Return to General Discussion