WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Dec 9 11:30 ToyHammer 40K 2000 Points ITC

General discussions

Dec 9 11:30 ToyHammer 40K 2000 Points ITC

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Game Wizard and Blue Sky Hobbies is hosting this cool holiday shindig. As you all know, this is a very cool store to play at and well worth the ROOOOOOOOOAD TRIIIIIIIP!

I'm posting it here and if you want to get some buddies and road trip together, it's twice the fun. Perhaps even thrice. Here's the deets:

Toyhammer 40K 2000 Pt ITC
Buy in is $20 in Toys (bring in or purchase at the event)

Overall rules:

2000 Point lists up to 3 detachments.

CHAPTER APPROVED is in affect!

The latest ITC FAQ is being used.

Ho ho ho its that time of year! For our second annual Toy Hammer tournament we have some fun rules and the ability for you to donate to gain more command points to use with your amry.

Special Donation Rules:
A single unwrapped toy donated adds one command point to a player's bonus pool. This bonus pool is for the entire event, and is not replenished each round.

Donating 3 or more toys unlocks the following event special strategems:

Khorne-a-copia 1 CP Nominate one friendly unit during the fight phase. Until the end of the phase add 1 to the Strength and Attacks characteristics of that unit.

Plauge Bells Jingling 1 CP Nominate one friendly unit. Until the end of the current player’s turn, that unit gains Disgustingly Resilient (Each time a model in this unit loses a wound roll a d6. On a roll of 5 or 6 that wound is ignored)

Merry Excess-mas 1 CP Nominate one friendly unit. Until the end of the turn that unit gains Quicksilver Swiftness (This unit always fights first in the fight phase, even if it didn't charge. If the enemy has units that have charged or have similar abilities alternate choosing units to fight with starting with the player whose turn it is)

Gift of Fate 1 CP Your opponent must re-roll one single dice roll of your choosing. This cannot be used before the First turn starts.

For the Non-secular greater good 2CP Usable once per game. Both players add all of their non bonus Command points together then evenly distribute them between players. If there is an odd total, the leftover command point is lost.

Eight Waaaagghh Nights 1 CP Nominate one friendly unit. Until the end of the turn that unit can charge and advance, and can re-roll failed charge rolls. If the player does not scream a proper Waaaaaggghhh!!! This strategem has no effect.

Santa's Silly Eldar 1CP Nominate one friendly unit. Until the end of the turn, that unit may advance and fire weapons as if they did not advance.

Kwanza Bot 1 CP Nominate one friendly unit. Until the end of the turn that unit recieves +1 to shooting hit rolls. If the unit is Skitarii or Necron add +1 to all to hit rolls instead.

Emperor's Nice List 3 CP Nominate one friendly unit. That unit may immediately move as if it were the movement phase, shoot as if it were the shoot phase, or fight as if it were the fight phase.

Emperor's Naughty List 3 CP Nominate one enemy unit. That unit cannot do one of the following: move in the movement phase, shoot in the shooting phase, or fight in the fight phase for one turn.

Home Alone 1 CP Nominate one model. That model must be the last model in it's unit, and it must have started in a unit of more than one. Until the end of the turn, all wounds caused by that model are mortal wounds. Roll to hit and wound as normal.

Now I have a Machine Gun. Ho ho ho! 2 CP Nominate one enemy unit in your shooting phase. You may shoot with that unit as if it were your friendly unit for the phase.

Rudolph the Red Nosed Servitor 2 CP Nominate one friendly unit. That unit ignores all negative modifiers to hit rolls until the end of the phase.

Ghost of Christmas Past 6 CP Use at the start of a turn. Return one destroyed unit from play. It must be placed more than 9 inches away from any enemy unit. That unit is then usable as normal for the rest of the turn. At the end of the turn the unit removed from play and is counted as destroyed.

The Gift that Keeps on Giving 3 CP Usable once per game. Roll a D6 for each enemy unit. On a roll of 4+, that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds.

Sharing is Caring 4 CP Use immediately after a Friendly unit suffers any number of wounds from an enemy unit. That enemy unit suffers a number of mortal wounds equal to the number of unsaved wounds taken by the friendly unit.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Re: Dec 9 11:30 ToyHammer 40K 2000 Points ITC

Postby Kingpin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:46 pm

This looked like fun, but then I read all the extra stratagems and they are just over the top. I might go anyway not sure yet. Is there a paint requirement?
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Itc, so only if you want prizes. But i mean. Its fer the kids so. Doesnt seem like it matters much.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby Kingpin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Guess I will have to try and paint up those crusaders.
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:58 pm

I guess you will! So are you gonna do the carpool thing?
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby Kingpin » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 am

I forgot we already had plans for Saturday so I wont be going. The kids have a Christmas parade that day. But speaking of tournaments Don tells me you have info out on the next ambassador tournament on facebook. Need all the details man.
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Kingpin wrote:I forgot we already had plans for Saturday so I wont be going. The kids have a Christmas parade that day. But speaking of tournaments Don tells me you have info out on the next ambassador tournament on facebook. Need all the details man.

None to share other than a pic of the dice as they MAY appear this year.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Return to General Discussion