WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Who all plays AoS here and/or who wants to learn?

Who all plays AoS here and/or who wants to learn?

Postby Morendie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm

So in this area, AoS is not popular. But thats because there just isn't anyone actively playing in this area to create more interest because people think its not popular. AoS makes up 30% of GW sales and has made a lot more then Fantasy. Its more popular up north and other areas, just now ours. We should change that. We should try actively playing more, try to garner up more interest and more importantly try to get more people to try it. Because frankly from what I have seen from quite a few 40k players who don't want to try AoS, they don't really know much about the game. Only what happened to fantasy and what anti-AoS players from the beginning spread around. Some of the reasons I have been told were pretty dumb. And when I explained to them about the game, they would often be surprised. Then the secondary turn off is usually just going into another game.

But hey, games are smaller scale, the main rules (Which are simple and easy to learn) are free, along with the warscrolls. So you are only buying the models. Which you don't need "as" much off. Which is probably debatable when you get into swarms. But even then. Its nice, its straight forward, and you can just play.

Anyway, who would be interested in trying to play some weekly games?
- If you are going to lose, then make sure they have a costly victory.
Morendie
Lieutenant

Re: Who all plays AoS here and/or who wants to learn?

Postby tautnt » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm

I am definitely interested in learning to play. I recently acquired a dark elves army and now I need to test them out.
tautnt
Lieutenant

Postby Morendie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:30 pm

I sent you a message about playing them tomorrow.

If anyone else is interested I am gonna be there at 3pm, I can do sooner if someone wants to play sooner.

I have several armies, big Stormcast army, big chaos army,my Dark Elf army, my Undead, which I will use tomorrow.
Morendie
Lieutenant

Postby tautnt » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:14 am

Played our first game of Sigmar. What a fun game! After turn one you will have a handle on how to play. We played a standard kill everything game but I'm sure with some of the missions this game will be as "tactical" as other gaming systems. Needless to say, I'm sold. Why did I not play this game sooner?
tautnt
Lieutenant

Postby Morendie » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:13 am

Definately a lot of fun! I thought maybe my army would be too tough but those executioners really do serious damage! You actually would have won if it wasn't for my resilient regen keeping my skeletons alive!
Morendie
Lieutenant

Postby plumbus » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:56 pm

i'm new to age of sigmar and would love to play with anyone willing to teach me. i got a 2500 point dwarf army im working on
plumbus
Conscript

Return to Warhammer Fantasy