WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Woo Hoo!

Woo Hoo!

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:34 pm

So I've never actually played Attack Wing except for one learning game where we played kind of a team thing.

But Dan's car experienced mechanical difficulties so we couldnt get our Warhammer 40k game in and I noticed they were about to start a tournament of Attack Wing but were a player short of 10 (12? I didn't count that close but there were at least ten). And I thought: You know what, nothing teaches like the fires of adversity.

I dont own a single model.

Luckily one of the guys there who had played in our mini-40K campaign agreed to let me borrow some models (I picked Romulans because Romulans have one of the coolest ships EVER) so he hurriedly got me a couple spare ships he had. I didnt quite have as many points as the tournament allowed so I missed out on like 10 points or something like that, but that was okay. Another guy let me borrow some tokens and the TO helped me figure out what the heck I was supposed to fill out on the little army list things.

Bayam. Instantly I became a Romulan.

My opponents were gracious enough to let me use their measuring stuff and what not and their dice and... well obviously I had nothing so, pretty much everything.

And lo and behold, I took 3rd place!!! YES.

THAT was cool. So just wanted to give a shout out to my opponents: thanks for the games and letting me play with you guys, and for letting me borrow your stuff. Good times.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Re: Woo Hoo!

Postby Unorthodoxy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Just a little update. I am not getting any practice games in now that my wife has been going to college (ironically right alongside my daughter!).

So i am only really making it to tournaments. I went to one a couple months ago and won it. and last night no one responded when I looked for a 40k match so i decided to play some Attack Wing. Won again!

I joked with Keoki that maybe I should just never play another casual game again. It seems to help.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Return to Star Trek Attack Wing