WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Jokaero Weaponsmiths

Do not feed the trolls.

Jokaero Weaponsmiths

Postby Shadowzilla » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:29 am

So the jokaero's ability to upgrade a unit. It says "When an Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband containing one or more Jokaero is deployed, roll a D6 on the following chart. Each time you roll, add +1 for each Jokaero in the unit beyond the first. All results apply for the duration of the game." So since a dedicated transport gets objective secured from troops is there anything stopping the henchmen's dedicated transport from getting the jokaero's upgrade? Each upgrade states all models or all shooting weapons in the unit etc etc.
Shadowzilla
Major

Re: Jokaero Weaponsmiths

Postby osan22 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:04 pm

The jokaero doesn't apply to a transport because while you're in it you don't count as part of the vehicles unit and you can never have an IC join a vehicle or MC
osan22
Major

Postby Shadowzilla » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Isnt a vehicle considered an upgrade for a unit though? That is why dedicated transports for CAD troops have objective secured or atleast that is my understanding of how they get objective secured.
Shadowzilla
Major

Postby osan22 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:13 pm

it's considered an upgrade for a unit but also a separate unit onto itself.
osan22
Major

Postby Chexmix » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Dedicated Transports get Objective Secured because they are considered a Troop choice when taken for a Troop unit. Units do not transfer special rules onto their transports. Objective Secured is only granted because of the Force Organization Chart location in which the unit is taken from.
Chexmix
Major

Postby Shadowzilla » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Chexmix wrote:Dedicated Transports get Objective Secured because they are considered a Troop choice when taken for a Troop unit. Units do not transfer special rules onto their transports. Objective Secured is only granted because of the Force Organization Chart location in which the unit is taken from.

What about infiltrate?

Edit: Also scout
Shadowzilla
Major

Postby Shadowzilla » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:31 pm

From an extremely OLD Grey Knight FAQ from when inquisition was apart of that codex:

Q: Does a Jokaero Weaponsmith’s Inconceivable Customisation
special rule effect the unit’s Dedicated Transport? How about any
Independent Characters who join the unit? (p50)
A: No to both questions.

I'm guessing the wording on the jokaero ability hasn't changed since the inquisition became its own codex. I think I may still have my old Grey Knight codex around somewhere ill check to see if the wording is the same in both codexes.
Shadowzilla
Major

Postby Chexmix » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:44 pm

I'm pretty sure that Infiltrate and Scout are specifically applied to the unit's dedicated transport per their entry in the BRB. I need to double check my rule book though.
Chexmix
Major

Return to Rules Discussions