WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Vindicare's Turbo Pen round

Do not feed the trolls.

Vindicare's Turbo Pen round

Postby Shadowzilla » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:15 am

So against non vehicle units the turbo-penetrator round inflicts D3 wounds.

How is this resolved?

Pick target -> Roll to hit -> Roll to wound (4+) -> Target Attempts Save -> Inflict D3 wounds to target if save failed (Similar to how D weapons work)

--Or--

Pick Target -> Roll to hit -> Roll D3 for wounds -> Roll the D3 result to wound (4+)-> Target attempts to save against the D3 wound result.

RAI is for sure option one. RAW I'm unsure...
Shadowzilla
Major

Re: Vindicare's Turbo Pen round

Postby osan22 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:27 pm

I'm pretty sure it's option two as if you fail to wound with the first roll the d3 would be pointless makes more sense to me to roll d3 wounds then roll to wound with each one
osan22
Major

Postby Kingpin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:42 pm

I believe its option one. I know the D3 wounds thing doesn't happen very often in 40K but it is a common thing in fantasy. You roll to hit and to wound. They take there saves. If they fail to save you inflict D3 wounds instead of just one. So it would only be able to kill one model at a time.
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby Chexmix » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:15 am

Kingpin wrote:I believe its option one. I know the D3 wounds thing doesn't happen very often in 40K but it is a common thing in fantasy. You roll to hit and to wound. They take there saves. If they fail to save you inflict D3 wounds instead of just one. So it would only be able to kill one model at a time.

This is how I've always played it. You make one save against D3 wounds, and if you fail you roll to determine how many wounds are caused. I think there's a section in the rulebook about Multiple Wound-causing weapons.
Chexmix
Major

Return to Rules Discussions