WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Space Marine rules question

Do not feed the trolls.

Space Marine rules question

Postby Darkreaver » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:20 am

Can you use the Chapter Masters orbital bombardment while embarked within a Stormraven because the weapon has a barrage weapon means you do not need line of sight and since he is in terminator armor he can fire heavy weapons after moving and since his vehicle is moving he is too but... what do you guys think?
Purgatus wrote:
Your eternal devotion, as I build my empire of WAAC power gamers to rule the world!
Darkreaver
Lieutenant

Re: Space Marine rules question

Postby Chexmix » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:11 am

As he is firing the weapon he cannot shoot out of a vehicle unless it has fire points. I don't have my rulebook otherwise I would provide the necessary quotation.
Chexmix
Major

Postby Darkreaver » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:23 pm

[quote="Chexmix"]As he is firing the weapon he cannot shoot out of a vehicle unless it has fire points. I don't have my rulebook otherwise I would provide the necessary quotation.[/quote

but the barrage weapon special rule states it doesn't need line of sight. thus why the need for fire point if not to provide line of sight?
Purgatus wrote:
Your eternal devotion, as I build my empire of WAAC power gamers to rule the world!
Darkreaver
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:09 pm

Because the rules that involve shooting from a vehicle require the vehicle to have a fire point. You can't shoot without a fire point, regardless if you need line of sight or not. I'll get the relevant quotes when I have my rulebook handy.

There was a similar rules question a while back regarding some Grey Knight weapon that didn't require line of sight.
Chexmix
Major

Return to Rules Discussions