WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Space wolf question for Tyranid Null list

Do not feed the trolls.

Space wolf question for Tyranid Null list

Postby WinterTalon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:27 am

So I am trying to design a Tyranid Null deployment list. or a list with that option
The question is Does this formation come in automatically if their is no other drop pod in the list? As it has the drop pod assault rules, but it say on a roll in the rules as well thus my question.
Rules of the formation::
Wolf Guard Thunderstrike: 1 unit of 10 Wolfguard in a Drop Pod, and 1 unit of Terminators with all of the supplement special rules (Kingsguard, Sagaborn, First Among Equals). All units in the Formation must deepstrike, and, they all come in on a single roll.
WinterTalon
Lieutenant

Re: Space wolf question for Tyranid Null list

Postby mrmichaelcorbett » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 am

I am confused about this questions ion but I think the thunder strike formation got faqd that is rolls for normal reserves and loses the drop pod assault rule
mrmichaelcorbett
Lieutenant

Postby WinterTalon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:21 pm

mrmichaelcorbett wrote:I am confused about this questions ion but I think the thunder strike formation got faqd that is rolls for normal reserves and loses the drop pod assault rule

There is not FAQ for this book. SO if you can point to where you are getting the info at. Thanks
WinterTalon
Lieutenant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Well the issue is that the Drop Pod comes in WITH the Terminators in this Formation. And since the Terminators cannot Deepstrike turn one, the Drop pod has to wait with them. So that is the ruling for this tournament.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby mrmichaelcorbett » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:44 pm

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topi ... aq-atlast/

miss-remembered. It was not a FAQ just an "email" from a GW staffer. My personal belief is that they should come turn one. The consensus among the community is that it does not.
mrmichaelcorbett
Lieutenant

Postby mrmichaelcorbett » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:45 pm

and the reason I was confused it I don't understand why you are using the thunderstrike formation in a tyranid list
mrmichaelcorbett
Lieutenant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:53 am

mrmichaelcorbett wrote:and the reason I was confused it I don't understand why you are using the thunderstrike formation in a tyranid list

It is not ours to ask why. It is ours to do or die!
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby WinterTalon » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:27 am

It would allow me to reserve all my Tyranids for up too 2 rounds of shooting then allow me the do a beta strike at close range as almost everything Deep strikes in to close range. Nids are very good at close range shooting. The problem has always been getting in to range. This kind of fix's that.
WinterTalon
Lieutenant

Postby mrmichaelcorbett » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:11 am

Unorthodoxy wrote:
mrmichaelcorbett wrote:and the reason I was confused it I don't understand why you are using the thunderstrike formation in a tyranid list

I call bull. It is our to ask why. You Joe you are for the greater good so fine. But space marines working with tyranids heresy heresy I say!
mrmichaelcorbett
Lieutenant

Postby WinterTalon » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:05 pm

mrmichaelcorbett wrote:
Unorthodoxy wrote:

I call bull. It is our to ask why. You Joe you are for the greater good so fine. But space marines working with tyranids heresy heresy I say!

LOL I agree so I have come up with another way to do the Null deployment with Tyranids kind of.

My back ground story was the Nids where chasing the Wolves to eat them but found another threat to kill first after they landed that had to be handled first. the Wolves where just desert :mrgreen:
WinterTalon
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Rules Discussions