WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Theros!

Theros!

Postby Rage » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Went to the midnight and a PM prerelease at Card Kingdom over the weekend. I'm loving Theros, the flavor is wonderful, and the cards fit together pretty well. There is a pretty big lack of removal, but lots of neat tricks to make things work. I did get spanked though, going 1-2 at both before dropping out (in favor of playing EDH/drafting).

Anyone else go to some prereleases this weekend?
Rage
Corporal

Re: Theros!

Postby Chexmix » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:18 pm

I went to the midnight prerelease at OCC. I went with Blue but didn't pull any good cards - still had a good time though! Monstrous and Bestow are both great new mechanics. I also like the return of Scry.
Chexmix
Major

Postby Edosaurus Rex » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:02 pm

I was also there at midnight! I went with white, but didn't get enough playable white cards to stick with it. I ended up running Gruul with a splash of black, and actually did okay before I got tired and dropped out in favor of playing EDH with Chexmix.

I pulled a couple decent cards, among them are one of the hydras, a scry land, and that chimera that can only be blocked by three creatures.

And I also like the return of scry!
"Ygethmor's Flaming Blizzard, say-thee? Bumbleheaded no-brain! This calls for the Vaunted Transmogrification of Colchis. Watch this!"

-Xirat'p the Blue Scribe, to his brother P'tarix
Edosaurus Rex
Lieutenant

Postby Rage » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:05 am

I've still gotta meet up with you guys sometime for some EDH. I'm working on a Ghave, Guru of Spores deck right now, and revamping my crazy cat lady deck (Kemba). Might throw her in the loony bin in favor of Captain Sisay, so I can run even more cats. Plus, I pulled a Fleecemane Lion at the prerelease and I've gotta put it in the deck.
Rage
Corporal

Postby Chexmix » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:19 am

Rage wrote:I've still gotta meet up with you guys sometime for some EDH.

Yes. Yes you do. We probably play too much EDH, but it is easily my favorite format.
Chexmix
Major

Return to Magic The Gathering