WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

I love Aggro.

I love Aggro.

Postby Edosaurus Rex » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:17 pm

With the Gatecrash release, I was initially very interested in the extort mechanic. It certainly won me some games at the prerelease. However, I also learned just how brutal bloodrush can be. I jave been playing a Golgari aggro deck for a while now, and I decided that splashing in some red to take advantage of bloodrush would add some punch to my already fast-hitting deck. Using the cards I got at the prerelease, I came up with this:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jund-aggro-28-01-13-2/

Keep in mind, this is purely with cards I already have. The maybeboard is cards I am planning on adding to the deck as I acquire them.

The general idea is to just drop hasty creatures and beat the opponent down. Careful use of the cheap bloodrush cards I have can make the game even shorter. Against fog decks, Jarad will happily fling desecration demons at you (I will probably move him to the sideboard).

I feel like I need some removal, though. 2-3 dreadbores and abrupt decays is what I have in mind.

Thoughts?
"Ygethmor's Flaming Blizzard, say-thee? Bumbleheaded no-brain! This calls for the Vaunted Transmogrification of Colchis. Watch this!"

-Xirat'p the Blue Scribe, to his brother P'tarix
Edosaurus Rex
Lieutenant

Re: I love Aggro.

Postby Chexmix » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 am

2-3 Dreadbore and 2-3 Abrupt Decay would be a fine addition. I woudn't take more than 2 Legion Loyalist, as having more than 1 on the field is a waste. Definitely take 4 Slaughterhorn and 4 Ghor-Clan Rampager, as cheap Bloodrush is likely to win you the game.

Golgari/Gruul Charms really don't do much for you, I would take a few Boros Charm instead. Double Stike + Bloodrush on a Desecration Demon can see you deal lethal damage in a single turn!
Chexmix
Major

Postby Edosaurus Rex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:40 am

I'm definitely going to capitalize on the cheap bloodrush cards once I get more of them. I kinda want to have 4 legion loyalists though, as 1 drops with haste aren't very common and I really want to make sure I can get his ability off more than once if needed (all it takes is a chump blocker to take him out).

I will definitely be adding the dreadbores and adbrupt decays, though.
"Ygethmor's Flaming Blizzard, say-thee? Bumbleheaded no-brain! This calls for the Vaunted Transmogrification of Colchis. Watch this!"

-Xirat'p the Blue Scribe, to his brother P'tarix
Edosaurus Rex
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:54 am

Anything that can give Double Strike would also be insanely good, and will make you single-turn wins much easier.
Chexmix
Major

Return to Magic The Gathering