WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

EDH Chaos Deck

EDH Chaos Deck

Postby Rage » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 am

While playing with some buddies a while back, one of my friends was playing a "Hug" deck with Braids, Conjurer Adept. I really liked the idea behind the deck, as everyone had things to gain from the cards he played, and he had a bunch of different random win conditions he could pull off without attacking.

With that in mind, I was inspired to make a deck that functioned as the polar opposite of it. I wanted a lot of randomness and spells that would affect everyone, with minimal picking and choosing between targets. Ruhan of the Fomori was picked as my commander right away, as he attacked randomly every turn, and gave me access to red, white and blue mana. Hence, my American Chaos deck was born.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/america- ... nd-giants/

It's got a lot of tweaking to go through, and a lot of cards were included simply because I have them, and didn't have others. From the two games I've used it so far, it works like a charm, but it can REALLY draw out the game. We were wrapping up a game last night after about two hours when, on my make-or-break draw of the game gave me Warp World, which flipped everything around and drew the game on for another hour or two.

On a similar note, while I enjoy this American Chaos theme, I think I'll be doing an American Giants tribal EDH deck sometime in the future.
Rage
Corporal

Re: EDH Chaos Deck

Postby Chexmix » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am

I love Ruhan, I just put together a Ruhan deck myself. It's too bad he doesn't have black, as Exquisite Blood is a great combo for him :P
Chexmix
Major

Return to Magic The Gathering