WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Annoying Deck

Annoying Deck

Postby Chexmix » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:29 am

I finally got the cards needed to put this together, I was hoping to get a little feedback on it:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/door-to-fogthingness/

Basically I stall with fog spells until I am able to get out Chromatic Lantern + 9 lands, then play Door to Nothingness for the win.
Chexmix
Major

Re: Annoying Deck

Postby Purgatus » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:07 pm

I think it's a neat trick, but in actual play your opponent has only to side in Slaughter Games or the like and eliminate your sole win condition. I think you need an alternate win con.
Purgatus
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:26 am

Yeah, it is really gimmicky. I have won a single game by milling my opponent: making them draw with Otherworld Atlas and recycling my graveyard with Elixir of Immortality.

I think I will add in a pair of Primordial Hydras to give me an alternate win-con. They will work well with the fog spells, giving me plenty of time to beef them up. a 40/40 creature with trample is hilarious :D
Chexmix
Major

Postby Rage » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:04 am

Is there a difference between regular damage and combat damage? I'd be careful around direct-damage spells and abilities, if there is a difference.

That said, I've been mulling over ways to run Door to Nothingness, and that deck looks mighty perdy
Rage
Corporal

Postby Purgatus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:21 am

Rage: Yes there is, and that's why he has the witch-bane orb, which prevents targeting by direct damage or life loss spells. It even prevents blood artist from targeting him with a life loss ability I believe, so it's pretty handy.

Trading Post might be interesting as well, to retrieve artifacts from your grave-yard, gain life, etc.
Purgatus
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:18 am

Purgatus wrote:Trading Post might be interesting as well, to retrieve artifacts from your grave-yard, gain life, etc.

I would only use it for Goat Tokens. How awesome would it be to win with goats?
Chexmix
Major

Postby Edosaurus Rex » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:08 am

That's like slapping your opponent in the face. "and this is where my goats headbutt you to death"

It just sounds demeaning haha
"Ygethmor's Flaming Blizzard, say-thee? Bumbleheaded no-brain! This calls for the Vaunted Transmogrification of Colchis. Watch this!"

-Xirat'p the Blue Scribe, to his brother P'tarix
Edosaurus Rex
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:22 pm

After not being able to beat Ed's Golgari deck, I am considering desperate measures. Perhaps splashing in white and/or blue for board-wipes such as Supreme Verdict and Terminus? Oblivion Ring and Detention Sphere would also be useful, even as sideboard cards. I'm not sure how I feel about losing fog spells in exchange for removal, thoughts?
Chexmix
Major

Postby Purgatus » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 am

Well... that's certainly a more common approach. Some players can kill you if you let them get a good number of creatures on the board, even if they can't do combat damage. Jarad is good at that with his sac ability, etc.

I have actually been dinking around with this deck idea, and I saw something similar posted up on manadeprived recently:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/soylant-green/

It's a Jarad deck, not your deck.
Purgatus
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 am

I HATE Jarad's sac ability. It is literally the only way that Ed kills me. Well, I guess I run out of fog spells on occasion.

Looks like it's time to sideboard some removal.
Chexmix
Major

Return to Magic The Gathering