WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Green/White Midrange

Re: Green/White Midrange

Postby Rage » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Chexmix wrote:
Hey it's doing quite well in my Kaalia EDH deck, but I need a spot for Avacyn in there so I'd be willing to sacrifice it for a trade ;)

But really, I think 2 resto angels would do this deck nothing but good. More flicker AND more flying, what's not to like?

Oooh, I hadn't considered adding her to my Kaalia deck! Thanks for the idea! Last time I ran her, I managed to get an Utvara Hellkite on the table the first time she attacked (with a Moonsilver Spear!). The swarm of dragons and angels was beautiful ;)
Rage
Corporal

Postby Chexmix » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:20 am

Rage wrote:
Chexmix wrote:
Hey it's doing quite well in my Kaalia EDH deck, but I need a spot for Avacyn in there so I'd be willing to sacrifice it for a trade ;)

But really, I think 2 resto angels would do this deck nothing but good. More flicker AND more flying, what's not to like?

Oooh, I hadn't considered adding her to my Kaalia deck! Thanks for the idea! Last time I ran her, I managed to get an Utvara Hellkite on the table the first time she attacked (with a Moonsilver Spear!). The swarm of dragons and angels was beautiful ;)

I have also recently added Sarkhan the Mad; this guy can do a TON of damage with his ultimate if you have enough dragons out. He combos very well with Utvara Hellkite. Here's a link to my deck if you want more ideas: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kaalia-has-add/
Chexmix
Major

Postby Purgatus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:59 am

I found another event Deck at Gabis (they are getting hard to find) and picked it up. So I now have another Thragtusk as well as several other relevant cards.

So I have two Tusks now, need one more.
Purgatus
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Purgatus wrote:So I have two Tusks now, need one more.

Ed has one that I'm sure he would trade for something neat.
Chexmix
Major

Postby Rage » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Speaking of event decks, what exactly are they? Are they just a different prebuilt deck, similar to the intro decks, or do they serve a different function?
Rage
Corporal

Postby Purgatus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Event decks are like the intro decks except they are more competitive and are "designed" to be played in a Standard tournament. The recently released Golgari event deck is remarkable because it retails at $25, but has multiple expensive cards in it including a Thragtusk and a Woodland Cemetery.
Purgatus
Lieutenant

Postby Edosaurus Rex » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:01 pm

I do, in fact, have a Thragtusk that I may potentially trade.

I'm looking for all of the old Planar Chaos/Invasion dragons, if you have any. I also want their respective lairs, charms, and attendants for an awesome (but casual) EDH deck I am putting together. If you aren't sure what I am talking about, check out the deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dragonball-z/
"Ygethmor's Flaming Blizzard, say-thee? Bumbleheaded no-brain! This calls for the Vaunted Transmogrification of Colchis. Watch this!"

-Xirat'p the Blue Scribe, to his brother P'tarix
Edosaurus Rex
Lieutenant

Postby Purgatus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:29 am

I got the third Tusk I was looking for, though a fourth couldn't hurt. I don't have any of those older cards though.
Purgatus
Lieutenant

Postby Edosaurus Rex » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:06 am

Sad, but I expected as much. I'm sure you have something that would be a good exchange for a tusk. Perhaps a deathrite shaman?

Also, what does midrange mean?
"Ygethmor's Flaming Blizzard, say-thee? Bumbleheaded no-brain! This calls for the Vaunted Transmogrification of Colchis. Watch this!"

-Xirat'p the Blue Scribe, to his brother P'tarix
Edosaurus Rex
Lieutenant

Postby Purgatus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Midrange is a deck style that seeks to win during the middle of the game, rather than the beginning (aggro) or the end (generally control).

It's often got some ramp, and generally plays larger creatures such as Thragtusk to recover life lost during the early game and then start the beat-down.
Purgatus
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Magic The Gathering