WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

New Deck

New Deck

Postby Chexmix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Well, here's the latest deck that I've been working on for standard. This is the cards I have for it now, and I will likely expand it to be more aggressive in due time.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/izzet-control-mill-burn/
Chexmix
Major

Re: New Deck

Postby Purgatus » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:05 am

Neato. I like Izzet a lot but I have been focusing on building my zombies and demons.

I did just pull a Steam Vents from a pack yesterday. I don't suppose you would be interested in trading for it? I'm interested in supporting my black, green and red collections, primarily focused on zombies and demons and vampires (I'm a sucker for the gothic).

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/soylant-green/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/suicide- ... 4-10-12-1/

These are basically just aggro fests. I need two more Gravecrawlers, and I would be interested in Olivia or a Falkenrath Aristocrat also, or a Vampire Nocturnus.
Purgatus
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Purgatus wrote:I did just pull a Steam Vents from a pack yesterday. I don't suppose you would be interested in trading for it?

Why yes I would! I happen to have a Vampire Nocturnus lying around that I would trade for it. I'll check out your decks too.

Do you play EDH, or just standard/modern/whatever?
Chexmix
Major

Postby Rage » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:01 pm

I've been playing some limited EDH with some friends over the past couple months. Most of us started over the summer, and set the bar at the Scars of Mirrodin block for cards we can use until we catch up enough. I'm already working on a couple decks using the main rules for allowed cards as well.

I'd be interested in meeting up with folks for some EDH sometime if there is enough interest.
Rage
Corporal

Postby Edosaurus Rex » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:21 pm

I agree with the EDH movement. I just put the finishing touches on my token spam deck, and I'm eager to take it for a spin.
"Ygethmor's Flaming Blizzard, say-thee? Bumbleheaded no-brain! This calls for the Vaunted Transmogrification of Colchis. Watch this!"

-Xirat'p the Blue Scribe, to his brother P'tarix
Edosaurus Rex
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:17 am

I think EDH players meet on thursdays at OCC, so maybe we can try to meet then? EDH is by far my favorite format.

And Purg, if you need one, I have an extra EDH deck so you can get your feet wet :P
Chexmix
Major

Postby Kingpin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 am

Is EDH what they call commander? If so it is a lot of fun, but I have always been a type 2 guy myself. I haven't played in a long time other then with my brothers cards. Could be fun to pick it up again.
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby Chexmix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:09 am

Kingpin wrote:Is EDH what they call commander? If so it is a lot of fun, but I have always been a type 2 guy myself. I haven't played in a long time other then with my brothers cards. Could be fun to pick it up again.

Yes, EDH and Commander are synonymous. Standard is really the only other format I play putside of EDH, as I find Legacy and Modern a little too brutal for my liking.
Chexmix
Major

Postby Purgatus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:06 pm

Chexmix wrote:
Purgatus wrote:I did just pull a Steam Vents from a pack yesterday. I don't suppose you would be interested in trading for it?

Why yes I would! I happen to have a Vampire Nocturnus lying around that I would trade for it. I'll check out your decks too.

Hmm... Pain Lands are pretty expensive. I would trade you straight across for another pain land in either Black/Red, Black/Green or Green/White.

Otherwise, I am interested in the Falkenraths and Olivias more, after thinking about it a bit. Possibly some Ash Zealots.

I would like to build this deck if I get a play set of Zealots and Falkenraths and two Blood Crypts:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-rage-25-10-12-1/
Purgatus
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:17 pm

Purgatus wrote:
Chexmix wrote:

Hmm... Pain Lands are pretty expensive. I would trade you straight across for another pain land in either Black/Red, Black/Green or Green/White.

Otherwise, I am interested in the Falkenraths and Olivias more, after thinking about it a bit. Possibly some Ash Zealots.

I would like to build this deck if I get a play set of Zealots and Falkenraths and two Blood Crypts:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-rage-25-10-12-1/

It's funny because I just traded a green/white and black/green shock land to Ed. I normally don't care about card value when trading, unless its something like Bonfire of the Damned or Jace, Architect of Thought ($25+ cards). I don't have any of the other cards you want.

I just built a turbofog deck, this should be interesting: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/turbofillibuster-1/
Chexmix
Major

Next

Return to Magic The Gathering