WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

New MTG shop in Yelm

New MTG shop in Yelm

Postby Kingpin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:31 am

For anyone who is in Yelm a Card store just opened (well I just found it anyway) right by the post office. They have a big MTG sign in the window. I really don't play but I thought I would post it up for you.
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Re: New MTG shop in Yelm

Postby Chexmix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:31 am

Good information. I now live like 5 minutes from OCC, but new shops are always a good thing.
Chexmix
Major

Postby Purgatus » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:58 am

Whoa, right in my backyard!

I'll have to check it out!
Purgatus
Lieutenant

Postby Kingpin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:30 am

Stopped by the new shop yesterday when I was in town. Tiny little shop with mostly just magic cards but they did have the 40K BRB and said they were looking to get more GW product.

Being as I stopped I thought I would show a little support so I picked up two packs from what ever the new set is (sorry I have been out of the MTG loop for a long time). I got a cool white/blue card that destroys all creatures and can't be countered... might have to look into this white/blue thing.
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby Chexmix » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:59 am

Kingpin wrote:Being as I stopped I thought I would show a little support so I picked up two packs from what ever the new set is (sorry I have been out of the MTG loop for a long time). I got a cool white/blue card that destroys all creatures and can't be countered... might have to look into this white/blue thing.

You got Return to Ravnica packs, and the card you got must have been a Supreme Verdict. White/Blue control is a very strong deck to play, although it can get pretty expensive when ordering singles. Look at cards like Detention Sphere, Oblivion Ring, Terminus, and Cyclonic Rift. The opponent will have a tough time winning if they can't keep anything on the board!

Azor's Elocutors would be a fun win condition for this deck, or you could mill as a win condition.

EDIT: I guess I already have a decklist for something like this: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/whiteblu ... ntrolmill/
Chexmix
Major

Return to Magic The Gathering