WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Looking to get my Tau painted

Please share your ideas and questions about painting and modeling or post pics of your cool mods or paint jobs.

Looking to get my Tau painted

Postby Jeezy » Sun May 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Hello everyone, new here to Warsound just getting back into 40k. In the process of revamping army lists to adjust to 7th edition from 4th xD. One of them i want to focus on is the Tau so was curious if there were any painters accepting commission work at the moment? Not looking for top notch work just basic table top, i want to make it easier on the both of us haha.

One thing to note is the army does have the basic fire warriors, crisis, broadside ect however it does include a Stormsurge and the KX139 Supremacy armor as well.

If anyone is interested let me know and hopefully we can work something out, happy gaming!
Jeezy
Sergeant

Re: Looking to get my Tau painted

Postby MaximusPrime79 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Myself or my brother might be interested... depending on budget amount of models and the state they are put together...
Max
the long time player and Tau newbie
MaximusPrime79
Sergeant

Postby Jeezy » Mon May 30, 2016 10:51 am

Awesome ya, don't have a budget necessarily in mind for the project. As for the models i can get an accurate count of whats all there and let you know. Tonight i will probably have the two lists merged and know what i am working with.
Jeezy
Sergeant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:28 pm

I can attest to Andrews skill and Maximus's creativity. I would GLADLY use their work. My Riptides cames out ridiculously cool. Glens Knight did too.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby Jeezy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Awesome glad to hear that. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet, I didn't realize that combined with both Tau armies I'm looking at almost 7000 points haha so hard to decide on what to keep!
Jeezy
Sergeant

Postby MaximusPrime79 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:14 pm

No worries... just bear in mind that I won't take a full army to paint at a time.... it's too much to keep track of... I would suggest figuring out a 1500 a 2k and 2500 points lists and then get painted what you need first...
Max
MaximusPrime79
Sergeant

Postby Jeezy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:39 am

Oh ya definitely I wouldn't drop the whole army all at once haha that would be too much. I planned on doing it in chunks.
Jeezy
Sergeant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:21 pm

start with your centerpieces. I'm telling you: Andrew does not work fast, but his work is GREAT and worth the wait. But I'd definitely have them do like your HQ's and your centerpiece models first and foremost.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby MaximusPrime79 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Joseph is totally correct... my brother and myself like to do show piece models that are works of art when we are done... so consider starting with your show pieces you use all the time and be prepared to pay for extra time spent on them... you won't be disappointed... matter of fact I would say you might even be disappointed with paying for just base painting as it still won't be that much cheaper and they could look lots better... base painting a model is still a little over half the work to fully artistically paint a model to a high table top standard... most are disappointed with the fact that just a little more spent could have gotten them models that look three times as good... just my opinion from doing this for a while... look forward to hearing from you...
Max
MaximusPrime79
Sergeant

Return to Painting/Modeling/Bragging