WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Tau painting project

Please share your ideas and questions about painting and modeling or post pics of your cool mods or paint jobs.

Tau painting project

Postby tautnt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:36 am

Hey all,

So I have a considerable sized tau battle suit army. I have been attempting to paint said army forever (I suck). I am not ever going to have the time or patience to complete the army. I'm looking to get this army painted and as the quotes from the big named painters keep rolling in I keep getting more and more discouraged. Is anyone a painter or does anyone know someone with reasonable prices.

Thanks,
tautnt
Lieutenant

Re: Tau painting project

Postby Chexmix » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:40 pm

What level of painting are you looking for? I could paint it for a reasonable price but it wouldn't be Golden Daemon quality, it would be good tabletop quality.
Chexmix
Major

Postby tautnt » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:10 pm

I'm looking for just that. A good tabletop quality miniature. If you are interested I would love to see some of your work.
tautnt
Lieutenant

Postby Chexmix » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:36 pm

I'm definitely interested. Unfortunately I have a lot to paint for the Ambassadorial tournament next month and won't have any time until then.
Chexmix
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:36 pm

tautnt wrote:I'm looking for just that. A good tabletop quality miniature. If you are interested I would love to see some of your work.

I know a guy who could use some cash and he does impressive work. I DONT know if hes accepting any commissions BUT if he is, I'll letcha know. gotta get them Tau painted.

I REALLY think we need to have a big Painting get together so we can stop TALKNG about this crap and start DOING IT. So much more fun with others around.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby tautnt » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Well there is absolutely no rush. I would just eventually like to start playing my tau again and not feel ashamed when I set them on the table.

If your friend is interested please let me know I would love to get a quote.
tautnt
Lieutenant

Postby Dogstar34 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:49 am

Any luck finding someone? I am new to the area but I do accept commissions, if you are still interested I can arrange to meet with you in person or online and show you some of my work (which happens to include a battlesuit heavy Tau army). I work primarily with an airbrush and am proficient in multiple mediums and techniques. I am a member of Team Powered Play (poweredplay.net) and sponsored by Secret Weapon Miniatures (secretweaponminiatures.com).

Sirus/D34
Dogstar34
Conscript

Postby MaximusPrime79 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:14 pm

The sad part about this is guys is painting = time= money... Most people don't have the skill and or time to gain the skill to paint... It has value... Your going to have to be willing to pay for it... It's someone else's time... Value it...

Sorry... That's my rant... As a trained artist I get so sick of being asked to do things for free or expect a low ball offer to be OK... If it takes someone 10 hours to paint a model why on earth would $10 to paint it be OK?

Value peoples time... Value their skill... And value their time it took to earn that skill... Even table ready models take work or no one would be interested in paying someone else to do it...
Max
the long time player and Tau newbie
MaximusPrime79
Sergeant

Postby tautnt » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:10 am

Fair point. As the buyer I hold 50% of the vote on determining the value of something. If the artist and I can't agree on that value they don't get paid and I don't get paint. This is why I take estimates and I usually accept the lowest responsible bid. In this way I'm doing my part to drive the market to equilibrium. This is not to say I don't value what these artists do. It is a skill I wish I had.
tautnt
Lieutenant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:20 pm

I recendly has a small commission done. Very disappointed. They weren't even completed beyond three color standard. No shading, hilighting or nothing. Just striped the model with two colors, added an accent in some places and was done. $200. A little upset about this.
Last edited by Unorthodoxy on Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Next

Return to Painting/Modeling/Bragging