WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Max's Finished Projects

Please share your ideas and questions about painting and modeling or post pics of your cool mods or paint jobs.

Re: Max's Finished Projects

Postby MaximusPrime79 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:49 am

Painting the camo pattern I do on all of my models is a 5 color process... It usually starts with the base... then you make larger shapes in the second color... these need to be solid... applied in a linear fashion but changing width constantly... usually applied horizontally or at an angle... depends on the looks your going for... then the third color is applied at a watered down strength... picking one edge of all the large shapes painted in the second color... this becomes the highlight edge... you line that edge on all your shapes... then blending down into rock shaped edges and smaller shapes... trying to stay mostly on top of the second color... then the fourth color is black... you can apply dots of it across the surface and also larger shape patterns... usually the larger shapes I do in groups of three or 5... with one obviously larger rock shape... The the fifth color is usually either a white or a off white color... This is applied to the larger black dots not completely covering them but leaving a large shadow line on the bottom of them... Then viola your done....

If your really interested and this doesn't make sense I can break it down in a step by step with pics on my camo practice panel... When I test out colors or patterns for a camo I usually try it on a small piece of an old tank model that is a large enough surface to play around on...

Hope that helps Veiled....
Max
the long time player and Tau newbie
MaximusPrime79
Sergeant

Postby VeiledMalice » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:51 am

Yeah, it's a bit hard to follow from just that, but I'm still blown away by it.

Fantastic work, Max.
VeiledMalice
Sergeant

Postby MaximusPrime79 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Ok... No worries dude... I am busy most of this weekend but this next week I will break it down in a picture tutorial for you and post it...
Max
the long time player and Tau newbie
MaximusPrime79
Sergeant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:44 am

Do a youtube thing. That would be cool.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Previous

Return to Painting/Modeling/Bragging