WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Introductions

Post your introductions, and general banter here.

Re: Introductions

Postby Unorthodoxy » Sat May 13, 2017 1:22 am

Alright. Well post a hello in the 40K part of the forum and I think after three posts it unlocks you or some such.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major
 
Posts: 4607
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

New Player in Seattle

Postby hammerfixall » Mon May 15, 2017 7:13 am

Hello Everyone,

I just moved to Seattle from Boston. I had a great gaming group in Boston and we would get together every Thursday and Sunday to play casual games and sometimes competitive games. I'm looking for a similar group in Seattle, although my family lives in Olympia so I'll be down there visiting often on weekends, so I can play in Olympia as well.

I play Tau currently. I was just starting to plan a second army when the news of 8th ed came out, so I'm waiting until after the new rules are released before I plan my second army.

I would also be interested in games of Shadow War if any of you like to play that as well.

Looking forward to hearing back from you all.

Thanks!
-Andrew
hammerfixall
Conscript
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 7:07 am

Re: Introductions

Postby Morendie » Mon May 15, 2017 9:32 am

Just to note some places, there is a games workshop store in tacoma, also games matrix in tacoma, and the common meet up for a lot of players is Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey
- If you are going to lose, then make sure they have a costly victory.
User avatar
Morendie
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:55 am

Re: Introductions

Postby hammerfixall » Mon May 15, 2017 10:01 am

Morendie wrote:Just to note some places, there is a games workshop store in tacoma, also games matrix in tacoma, and the common meet up for a lot of players is Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey


Yep, I've definitely been doing my research. Have visited Mox Boarding house in Ballard, GW in Kent, and OCC in Olympia. Seems like OCC in Oly is the best community, although the longest drive for me (from Seattle). Haven't been to games matrix yet, will visit there soon.
hammerfixall
Conscript
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 7:07 am

Re: Introductions

Postby Morendie » Mon May 15, 2017 10:54 am

They have a good selection of GW products and have several tables with terrain, and it looks like they have a lot more 40k events there.
- If you are going to lose, then make sure they have a costly victory.
User avatar
Morendie
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:55 am

Re: Introductions

Postby hammerfixall » Mon May 15, 2017 11:06 am

Are there any groups in the area that get together regularly for casual play as well as practice and fine-tuning for competitive events?
hammerfixall
Conscript
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 7:07 am

Re: Introductions

Postby Morendie » Mon May 15, 2017 11:11 am

That I am unsure of. I am in one FB group but they are far from active. I am sure there are groups out there but I am sure there are some here that could do regular meetups
- If you are going to lose, then make sure they have a costly victory.
User avatar
Morendie
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:55 am

Re: New Player in Seattle

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon May 15, 2017 1:29 pm

hammerfixall wrote:Hello Everyone,

I just moved to Seattle from Boston. I had a great gaming group in Boston and we would get together every Thursday and Sunday to play casual games and sometimes competitive games. I'm looking for a similar group in Seattle, although my family lives in Olympia so I'll be down there visiting often on weekends, so I can play in Olympia as well.

I play Tau currently. I was just starting to plan a second army when the news of 8th ed came out, so I'm waiting until after the new rules are released before I plan my second army.

I would also be interested in games of Shadow War if any of you like to play that as well.

Looking forward to hearing back from you all.

Thanks!
-Andrew


The 8th Edition thing has people in a holding pattern. We do regular events and road trip to them regularly as well, mostly communicated through me or through this forum. we have a club, called the Deffrollaz, but its not a strait jacket thing where everyone is committed to a certain night. However we just find it easy to declare when we wanna fight it out and one what day and time and people respond.

It is a rare month when we don't get together for something. If you are in Seattle, there is plenty of gaming to be had there. Here in Olympia/Tacoma area, likewise.

Welcome!
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major
 
Posts: 4607
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Introductions

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon May 15, 2017 1:32 pm

hammerfixall wrote:Haven't been to games matrix yet, will visit there soon.


Mox is a cool place.

The Game matrix is where i hold the Elvensword Ambassadorial GT and also we meet there soemtimes to play. Chris the owner is INCREDIBLY supportive of the gaming community and bends over backwards to make it happen for us.

Also in Tacomsa is Terracrux Games. Doug there is a cool guy. He's more of a Magic dude, but his store has lots of table space. Parking is kind of a downer like it is in most places north of Lacey, but what can ya do?
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major
 
Posts: 4607
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Previous

Return to Warsound General Discussion and Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest