WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Introductions

Post your introductions, and general banter here.

Re: Introductions

Postby Unorthodoxy » Sat May 13, 2017 1:22 am

Alright. Well post a hello in the 40K part of the forum and I think after three posts it unlocks you or some such.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

New Player in Seattle

Postby hammerfixall » Mon May 15, 2017 7:13 am

Hello Everyone,

I just moved to Seattle from Boston. I had a great gaming group in Boston and we would get together every Thursday and Sunday to play casual games and sometimes competitive games. I'm looking for a similar group in Seattle, although my family lives in Olympia so I'll be down there visiting often on weekends, so I can play in Olympia as well.

I play Tau currently. I was just starting to plan a second army when the news of 8th ed came out, so I'm waiting until after the new rules are released before I plan my second army.

I would also be interested in games of Shadow War if any of you like to play that as well.

Looking forward to hearing back from you all.

Thanks!
-Andrew
hammerfixall
Conscript

Postby Morendie » Mon May 15, 2017 9:32 am

Just to note some places, there is a games workshop store in tacoma, also games matrix in tacoma, and the common meet up for a lot of players is Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey
- If you are going to lose, then make sure they have a costly victory.
Morendie
Lieutenant

Postby hammerfixall » Mon May 15, 2017 10:01 am

Morendie wrote:Just to note some places, there is a games workshop store in tacoma, also games matrix in tacoma, and the common meet up for a lot of players is Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey

Yep, I've definitely been doing my research. Have visited Mox Boarding house in Ballard, GW in Kent, and OCC in Olympia. Seems like OCC in Oly is the best community, although the longest drive for me (from Seattle). Haven't been to games matrix yet, will visit there soon.
hammerfixall
Conscript

Postby Morendie » Mon May 15, 2017 10:54 am

They have a good selection of GW products and have several tables with terrain, and it looks like they have a lot more 40k events there.
Morendie
Lieutenant

Postby hammerfixall » Mon May 15, 2017 11:06 am

Are there any groups in the area that get together regularly for casual play as well as practice and fine-tuning for competitive events?
hammerfixall
Conscript

Postby Morendie » Mon May 15, 2017 11:11 am

That I am unsure of. I am in one FB group but they are far from active. I am sure there are groups out there but I am sure there are some here that could do regular meetups
Morendie
Lieutenant

Re: New Player in Seattle

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon May 15, 2017 1:29 pm

hammerfixall wrote:Hello Everyone,

I just moved to Seattle from Boston. I had a great gaming group in Boston and we would get together every Thursday and Sunday to play casual games and sometimes competitive games. I'm looking for a similar group in Seattle, although my family lives in Olympia so I'll be down there visiting often on weekends, so I can play in Olympia as well.

I play Tau currently. I was just starting to plan a second army when the news of 8th ed came out, so I'm waiting until after the new rules are released before I plan my second army.

I would also be interested in games of Shadow War if any of you like to play that as well.

Looking forward to hearing back from you all.

Thanks!
-Andrew

The 8th Edition thing has people in a holding pattern. We do regular events and road trip to them regularly as well, mostly communicated through me or through this forum. we have a club, called the Deffrollaz, but its not a strait jacket thing where everyone is committed to a certain night. However we just find it easy to declare when we wanna fight it out and one what day and time and people respond.

It is a rare month when we don't get together for something. If you are in Seattle, there is plenty of gaming to be had there. Here in Olympia/Tacoma area, likewise.

Welcome!
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon May 15, 2017 1:32 pm

hammerfixall wrote:Haven't been to games matrix yet, will visit there soon.

Mox is a cool place.

The Game matrix is where i hold the Elvensword Ambassadorial GT and also we meet there soemtimes to play. Chris the owner is INCREDIBLY supportive of the gaming community and bends over backwards to make it happen for us.

Also in Tacomsa is Terracrux Games. Doug there is a cool guy. He's more of a Magic dude, but his store has lots of table space. Parking is kind of a downer like it is in most places north of Lacey, but what can ya do?
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby T-800 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:09 am

Hey gang,

Live in Lacey and Met Adam(not sure of his screen name here) looking over the 8th Ed. stuff this afternoon at OCC and was told about the community here.

Played 40k back in the early 2000's(3rd ed.) but haven't since. Heard about AoS and then Kill Team and then Shadow War Armageddon...all sounded good and wanted to get back into it. Then heard 8th was coming out and thought this might be a good time. Really like the idea of SWA and Kill Team, as well as the new 8th rules.

After reading about the new "I'll Be Back" rolls, I mean Reanimation Protocols( I still call Pacific Raceway S.I.R.) I was pretty excited to build another Necron army...but. Just viewed a Bat Rep on Miniwargamings Vault and watched Necrons get ANIHILATED by some Grey Knights. I mean it was so bad that I am seriously thinking about skipping Necrons altogether. Maybe stick with Shadow War or Kill Team? I realize that those games will be using 7th ed. for some time, any advice for Necrons on that front? I am somewhat hardheaded and will usually field an army just because I like the models, rather than one that is popular for its success, but don't want to get murdered every time I play.

Really enjoy the painting/modeling and social aspect sides of the hobby. Was a pretty decent painter at one point...we'll see if that still holds true. Very eager to learn to play any of the games mentioned. Like to watch and learn as well.

AoS Skirmish seems VERY intriguing and I am ready to build an army for that game as well. Thinking Chaos...

I also play Pathfinder and every edition of D&D prior except 4th...wanting to try 5th ed. Have an entire Kick Starter's worth of Reaper mini's to paint, so will knock the rust off my skills on a few of those possibly.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Shane
"Your clothes. Give them to me. Now."
T-800
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Warsound General Discussion and Introductions