WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

...Nuln Army list?

...Nuln Army list?

Postby Chexmix » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Well I've recently dug out my old box of Empire. I have about 80 Handgunners, along with 4 Great Cannons, 1 Helblaster, a Steam Tank, and a few Pistoliers. This sounds like a representative force of the Nuln Gunnery School to me!

My question is: Is this army worth my time? It would be something like (after hounding eBay for a few more models):

Lords & Heroes
General on Griffon
2x Engineers
2x lvl 1 Wizards

Core
2x 20 Handgunners
4x 10 Handgunners (maybe taken as detatchments for the above units?)

Special
5 Pistoliers
5 Outriders
4x Great Cannon

Rare
2x Helblaster Volley Gun
1 Steam Tank

As you can see, I want to focus on black powder weaponry. Every model excepting characters should use black powder. I'm crazy, I guess. I don't expect this army to be that great on the tabletop, but I want to have a good time playing it. I'll crack open my army book when I get home, but this should be right around 2500 points.
Chexmix
Major

Re: ...Nuln Army list?

Postby Chexmix » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:16 pm

Here's a rough list... Suggestions welcome!

Lords
General 377
-Runefang, The Other Trickster's Shard, Full Plate Armor, Shield, Imperial Griffon

Heroes
Master Engineer 85
-Hochland Long Rifle

Master Engineer 85
-Hochland Long Rifle

Battle Wizard 125
-Lore of Death, Level 2, Dispel Scroll

Core
4x 20 Handgunners 720

10 Archers 70

Special
6 Pistoliers 108

2x Great Cannon 240

2x Mortar 200

Rare
2x Helblaster Volley Gun 240

Steam Tank 250

The Wizard joins the unit of Archers. Each Master Engineer sits between a Great Cannon and a Helblaster, giving the bonus to the Cannons until the Helblasters are in range. Everything else is pretty self explanatory.
Chexmix
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Honestly Ive played a 750 point game about a month ago and then nothing before that since years ago, so I cant even begin to guess if this works.

I DO know this though: the Frigging swarms of dudes people bring now can sometimes weather shoting well. Sometimes. So while i wont claim to be anything approximating more than total noob status at this stage in the game of Warhammer Fantasy, I think this army will clean some clocks and get eaten by others. Just my absolutely poorly qualified opinion on the subject?

But do you really care as long as you get to go all Civil War on they asses?
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby jrsydvl13 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:38 am

Super gunline list. I think it would be interesting to play against. The first couple of turns are going to be brutal for your opponent, but once they get into close combat it will swing in their direction as the warmachines are no longer effective. Horde armies and multi-wound models would give it a good go. Interesting concept. :)
jrsydvl13
Sergeant

Postby Chexmix » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:26 am

Unorthodoxy wrote:But do you really care as long as you get to go all Civil War on they asses?

And that is precisely my goal - to go all Civil War on people, and have a good time while doing it. I don't really care about winning.

jrsydvl13 wrote:The first couple of turns are going to be brutal for your opponent, but once they get into close combat it will swing in their direction as the warmachines are no longer effective. Horde armies and multi-wound models would give it a good go. Interesting concept. :)

I tried to build this list with an easy way to beat it in mind... combat! Any semi-competent combat unit can kill anything in my army excepting the General. I fully expect this army to fold once something hits combat.
Chexmix
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:28 pm

Right well lets hope no one ever does. If the Dice Gawds are with you, you might well be able to avoid it while fading back with the closest unit.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Return to Army Lists