WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Tyranids 2000 points - TAC Deepstrike bomb.

Tyranids 2000 points - TAC Deepstrike bomb.

Postby Setsunakai » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:35 am

Decided to retool my 5th edition tyranid list for the new codex.

First detachment is to basically be bodies and run around sitting on objectives and allowing the 8 units from the other to deepstrike in.

Second detachments goal is to assault from deepstrike (Which is ~66% due to rerolls and adrenal glands and ~50% with rerolls for genestealers). Devilgaunts pop in to remove screens utilizing the double fire stratagems.

9CP in total and 12 points of wiggle room

*Also more people should post their lists.

++ Hive Fleet Chimera ++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Tyranids) [26 PL, 380pts] ++

Hive Fleet: Leviathan

+ HQ +

Neurothrope [4 PL, 70pts]: Power: Dominion

Neurothrope [4 PL, 70pts]: Power: Psychic Scream

+ Troops +

Termagants [3 PL, 40pts]: 10x Termagant (Fleshborer)

++ Battalion Detachment (Tyranids) [87 PL, 1608pts] ++

Hive Fleet: Behemoth

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [11 PL, 194pts]: Adrenal Glands, Monstrous Rending Claws, Monstrous Scything Talons, Power: Catalyst, Power: Paroxysm, Scythes of Tyran, Toxin Sacs, Warlord Trait: Monstrous Hunger, Wings

Hive Tyrant [11 PL, 175pts]: Adrenal Glands, 2x Monstrous Rending Claws, Power: Psychic Scream, Power: The Horror, Wings

+ Troops +

Genestealers [16 PL, 240pts]: 5x Acid Maw
. 20x Genestealer: 20x Rending Claws

Genestealers [16 PL, 240pts]: 5x Acid Maw
. 20x Genestealer: 20x Rending Claws

Termagants [9 PL, 240pts]
. 30x Termagant (Devourer): 30x Devourer

+ Heavy Support +

Trygon [8 PL, 173pts]: Adrenal Glands, 3x Massive Scything Talons, Prehensile Pincer Tail

Trygon [8 PL, 173pts]: Adrenal Glands, 3x Massive Scything Talons, Prehensile Pincer Tail

++ Total: [113 PL, 1988pts] ++
Setsunakai
Lieutenant

Re: Tyranids 2000 points - TAC Deepstrike bomb.

Postby Kingpin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:33 am

Wow close combat flyrants are a thing again. That is awesome. Like seeing more unit options.
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby Setsunakai » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 am

Yeah, the amount of buffs they gave him both directly and indirectly are phenomenal.
Setsunakai
Lieutenant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:27 am

Looks pretty much like all the old Tyranid lists, really.

Lots of Stealers, Termagaunts instead of Hormagaunts, Trygons to make holes and deliver them, Flyrants with some sort of buff guy like the one who gave cover before (dont know what the Neurothrope is but it appears that its taking the place in the list of the cover buff guy). Pretty much the same formula for success.

The variant most popular was three more Flyrants in place of the Trygons, but both worked.

One hopes this version works much better than previously against its competition. Seemed like every match against them was a little one sided. Their strength (sheer numbers) was rarely expressed and when it was, it was badly expressed.

Go Tyranids though. the game is better with them playing regularly than when they are not and I for one feel like its a "REAL" game of 40K when its a mindless swarm of flesh eating bugs coming for you. The aesthetic of the fight pleases me.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby Setsunakai » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 pm

The Neurothrope is basically the HQ Zoanathrope. Its a 2/1 psyker with a 3++ that's a character that's able to be hidden in units and provides synapse for 70pts. I like him slightly more than the Malanthrope in the event that i end up at a non-ITC tournament. Plus the Malanthrope model is kind of spindly and fragile.

But i think the codex buffs are able to help out the list. The hive tyrant getting 2 wounds, deepstrike, and 4++ goes a long way to make him more survivable and the relics and stratagems help with his lackluster damage output. The behemoth tactic is phenomenal in helping to get the units into melee from deepstrike. The Double tap strat make devilgaunts a nightmare for dude spam centric lists and the behemoth strat make them absolute monsters in melee. Genestealers getting 5 free power swords per unit of 20 is just obscene especially since they don't lose anything for taking them.

As for the list i'm thinking about swapping out a team or two of termagants for rippers. This is to help not getting turn 1 wiped as i think i can get them out of LoS easier.
Setsunakai
Lieutenant

Postby Unorthodoxy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Heres to seeing more bugs on the table
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Return to 40K Army Lists