WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

Deathwatch

Deathwatch

Postby Tim » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:18 am

Does anyone have any experience running a full Deathwatch army? What books would i need?
Tim
Soldier

Re: Deathwatch

Postby Morendie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:05 am

Tim wrote:Does anyone have any experience running a full Deathwatch army? What books would i need?

Well there is only 2 books, Imperium 1 and imperium 2, so if Deathwatch is a space marine chapter, its in Imperium 1.
- If you are going to lose, then make sure they have a costly victory.
Morendie
Lieutenant

Postby Tim » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:33 am

Oh. My bad. I don't know shit about 8th as i only got one game in from 7th before the change. So kinda lost interest.
Tim
Soldier

Postby Unorthodoxy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:31 pm

You'll like 8th Edition, thats for sure. Deathwatch still posess some really cool options.

8th edition index's Imperium 1 is just $25. Main Rules are free online and quite short. So just bop over and get a copy.

I can say that the most important thing to remember about 8th Edition rules is this: "It is what it is". The rules are so simple that one might be tempted to mentally beleive they arent or try to apply old thinking. Best to accept tgat it "is what it is".
Some simple faq's were issued. Nothing earth shattering.

Deathwatch DATACHMENTS must all have the Deathwatch Keyword BUT... you can make it an "Imperium" Detachment and inclue the width and bredth of units in Imperium 1. So you just have to decide how fluffy you want the force.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Made you a list:

237 each: 2 Corvus blackstars(2 blackstar Rockets, twin Autocannon, hurricane Bolter, infernum Halolauncher, auspex relay)

357pts. 10 Deathwatch Veterans( sgt w xenophase+inferno pistol, blackshield w/ inferno pistol, 4 Deathwatch Frag Cannon)

364pts: same, but add another xenophase sword on tge Black Shield.

350pts 5 Lterminators( meltagun+ powerfist version)

108pts each 3 units of 3 Deathwatch bikers

This list is very mobile for gaining objectives and for line breaking. It attempts to break the enemies will with its alphastrike, which is highly effective and frightening. In theory, the list can end 4-6 units in one round. 2 with terminators, 2-4 with the Death Watch Veterans with Blackstar backup. Its got quite a punch. The Bikers can catapult the terminators right up to the Death watch veterans and make their kills all but certain

Ive faced its 7E incarnation. It melts elite armies. Its a glass cannon. When you strike, you gotta strike true. But its really impressive when it works.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Return to 40K Army Lists