WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

New aeldari list.

New aeldari list.

Postby osan22 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:57 am

Hey guys! got my hands and did a playtest game or two of the new aeldari(combination of eldar, dark eldar and harlequinns) and i love how the army plays, anyways. Here's my list, feel free to input any suggestions

Reborn Warhost Detatchment

Triumpvent of Ynnaed -625
(Yvarine, The Yncarne, The Visarch)

Aspect Host- 320
4x fire dragons
-Fire dragon exarch

4x warp spiders
-warp spiders exarch

4x warp spiders
-warp spiders exarch

Hq
Eldrad Ulthran-195

Elites
4x incubi
-Raider w/ aethersails -140
3x incubi
-Raider W/ aethersails-120
Troops
Kabalite warriors x5
-venom, splintercannon -103

Windrider guardians w/scatter lasersx4 -108

Windrider guardians w/scatter lasersx4 -108

Windrider guardians w/scatter lasersx3 -81

Fast attack
Venom, splinter cannon -65

Heavy support
Ravager 3x dark lances -125

Total points: 2000

The fire dragons of course are going inside the venom, Depending on what psychic powers is is where eldrad will go, but in most cases he will probably be with one squad of the incubi, maybe with either the visarch or with yvraine. sending them up the field while the jetbikes provide heavy fire support, the fire dragons going after any obvious targets, while the ravager in the back goes after another high value target, usually armor but might try to snipe heavy weapon infantry squads with its powerfull dark lances.
Last edited by osan22 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
osan22
Major

Re: New aeldari list.

Postby osan22 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:58 am

And yes, the reborn warhost detatchment allows the other formations to be put inside it as well, which is why i put it at the top
osan22
Major

Postby Kingpin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:04 am

Might want to post up some rules for this thing. Being so new not many people will know what those formations do. So it will be hard to give advice on the list.
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby osan22 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:29 am

ah yes. All the new formation really does tbh is just replace power from pain and battle focus with strength from death. Which is when any unit is completely destroyed within 7" of one of the units of the army, they may take a soulburst action

A soul burst action is one of the following, even if you had already done so

-Make a move as if it was the movement phase
-get a free shooting attack, as if it was the shooting phase
-Run or go flat out
-make a charge resloving at the current iniative

Also if you have 7+ units alive in the detatchment, two eligible units may take a soulburst instead of just one

The triumpvent of ynnaed
grants +1 to the three models special rules, that being the hearld, the champion and the avatar of ynnaed special rules
Herald of ynnaed
when an aeldari model dies within 7" of yvarine she may regain a wound on a 4+, if it was a psyker, add +1 to her mastery and immediately generate 1 more power from her discipline
Champion of ynnaed
When an aeldari model dies within 7" of the Visarch, he may regain a wound on a 4+, if the model was a character, add +1 to his attacks.(to a maximum of 7)
If an aeldari model dies within 7" of the yncarne, the model may regain a wound on 3+
The triumpvent also adds any units within 12" of two of the models of the triumpvent they gain fearless, if all three are on the board, all friendly models of the ynnari faction gain fearless
osan22
Major

Postby osan22 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:44 am

I should note that only non vehicle aeldari may use the soulburst special rule. Though they can still soulburst from killing a vehicle. Exmaple, 5 fire dragons shoot and destroy a land raider, they may then immediately either move away, or shoot at whatever was inside said land raider
osan22
Major

Postby osan22 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:31 pm

So. Any suggestions on editing the list? Mind you this is just he list trying to get the triumpvent to work. If it doesnt, i can easily drop one or two of the models, I like the avatar and i like the Visarch. I also like yvarine, but she doesnt seem to be super great. In theory she is amazing, ws 8 ini 8 with 5 attacks str 4 ap 3 instant death? pretty good. though my main beef with her is that she is 200 points, and other than her psychic powers(which can vary from AMAZING to mediocre) she doesnt really add much that the Visarch wouldn't already do. Seeing as the Visarch is ws 7, ini 7 with 4 attacks at str 5 ap 2, and is 50 points cheaper.

Anyways, what do you guys think? add wyches? troops? toss in a solitare? forgo charges entirely to focus on the insane shooting of close range double tapping units? Lemme know
osan22
Major

Return to 40K Army Lists