WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

OFCC list musings

OFCC list musings

Postby Kingpin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:18 pm

I want to do something very different for OFCC this year. I have never played Nurgle but yet I have a whole Nurgle deamon army now. The problem with Nurgle deamons is they have no anti tank. So CSM to the rescue. Here is my first draft.

Deamons CAD
HQ
Great Unclean One, 2 Greater rewards, Corruption (CC attacks auto wound)
Nurgle Herald, 1 Greater, 1 lesser reward, psyker lvl 1, Greater Loci (FnP to the squad), Doomsday Bell (All enemy units get -1 LD)

Troops
3 Nurglings
3 Nurglings
10 Plague Bearers
20 Plague Bearers, Banner, Musician, Champion w/ eather blade

Heavy Support
Deamon Prince, Wings, Armor, Psyker lvl 1, 2 greater rewards

Chaos Space Marine Death Guard Warband (all units have obsec)
HQ
Lord, Bike, 4+ Invul, Mark of Nurgle, Melta bomb, Power sword, power axe

Elites
3 Terminators, 3 combi Meltas, Mark of Nurgle

Troops
5 Marines, Mark of Nurgle, Melta Gun, combi Melta, Rhino
5 Marines, Mark of Nurgle, Melta Gun, combi Melta, Rhino

Fast Attack
4 Chaos Bikers, 2 Melta Guns, Mark of Nurgle, Power axe, Melta bomb

Heavy Support
5 Havocs, Mark of Nurgle, 4 Autocannons, Rhino

Its 65 models. Most are pretty tough and have a lot of obsec. Not a ton of fire power but what ever its OFCC. The problem is I need Chaos Bikers, Terminators, and Havocs. But They shouldn't be that hard to come by.
Matt should be around here somewhere...lurking...
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Re: OFCC list musings

Postby Unorthodoxy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Seems like a very nurgley list and very OFCC appropriate. It's a 2, no higher for sure and basically its just toughness on top of toughness.

Hammer and Anvil deployments might present a bit of an issue for this force, if they wax those bikes early and wait patiently for the Nurglings to arrive. No telling what the mission objectives would be so who knows. But it seems like a really good list for an OFCC.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby osan22 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Definitely nurgly, but you're severaly lacking on long range fire power. those havocs wont be able to carry the rest of the army lol
osan22
Major

Postby Kingpin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:46 pm

osan22 wrote:Definitely nurgly, but you're severaly lacking on long range fire power. those havocs wont be able to carry the rest of the army lol

But that is the beauty of OFCC. Winning isn't the goal. Close fun games are. You wont see massed scatbike elder or riptide wing. Fun is the name of the game.
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby osan22 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:45 am

I suppose, but i would still throw some long range fire power in there. But that's just how i would run the army, that way you wouldnt get lopsided matches like, guardsman gunline artillary vs your nurgle list
osan22
Major

Postby Kingpin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:45 am

Not worried about gun lines. Over half the list can deep strike. The bikes are fast enough to make it across. So really only the normal chaos space marines will get left behind with there melta guns. Its going to be in your face kind of fun.
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:06 am

Hilarious true story here.

I was playing the ringer army against Blood Angels. he seized (I am so sooooo sick of that mechanic) and it was the mission where he could bring reserves along the 24" of his long board edge.

So of course he rolls and gets all his Storm Ravens on turn one (becuase: Blood Angels) and then shoots up the field to my Raiders and starts firing down on my exposed Beastpack with some PotMS shots at the Raiders. He waxed a fair number of Beasties and forced me to jink almost everything to survive it.

My response? i shot 36" across the board to the other side with all of it and now he had to hover to turn around. that allowed me to shoot one down. Next round he came at me again and killed some raiders and then i wiped his scouts and started in on the tacticals he started dropping to shoot my squishy butt up.

So it was kind of funny. I completely reversed field on him. Dark Eldar are so fun somestimes. Especially against armies that like to drop in on me for dinner.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby osan22 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:16 pm

ooooookay joe. complete nonsequitor aside, while deepstriking is nice it is also a one shot trick, unless youre swooping hawks. though what you could do is takr nurgle oblits instead of termies for fluff and long range fire power
osan22
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Actually not a non sequitur. He mentioned his ability to deep strike as a redeeming quality. I was simply pointing out a recent example of how that can sort of turn against you if you dont have a lot of shooting... so.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby Kingpin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Can't take oblits. The Warband formation doesn't include them. I would have to switch to a cad but then I would lose a lot of obsec.

Yes deep strike can be good and bad depending on the match up. I was talking about doing it to a static gun line army. Against a very mobile army Nurgle will just struggle no matter what. They are mostly all slow and purposeful so no very fast.

And yes I am so sick of seize the initiative. I lost a game at the ambassador just because he rolled a 6 before the game started. So stupid.
-Unorthodoxy
Kingpin
Major

Next

Return to 40K Army Lists