WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

eldar ambassador list 2000

eldar ambassador list 2000

Postby osan22 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:37 am

hey guys wanted to post my 2k point list I'll be using for the tourney and see what everyone thinks of it

Combined forces detachment
HQ
eldrad
farseer on a jetbike w/singing spear

elites
wraithguard w/wraithcannon x5
wraithblades w/ ghost axes and shields x5

troops
3x windriders scatterlasers

lords of war
wraithknight w/ ghost glaive + scattershield

Aspect host
4x warp spiders
1x exarch

4x warp spiders
1x exarch

4x warp spiders
1x exarch

Aspect Host
4x dark reapers w/star shot middles
1x exarch w/ star shot middles

4x dark reapers w/star shot middles
1x exarch w/ star shot middles

4x dark reapers
1x exarch w/ tempest launcher

I'll set up the bikes and the reapers in the back with the bike seer as a support, buffing my firepower and survivability while I'll out flank my wraith guard using eldrad warlord traits, using the wraithblades as a defensive shield against charges to protect my back line along with the wraith knight, if the enemy would rather stay back, then I'll out flank or scout the blades forward instead, using eldrad up front to protect them with a 3++ reroll able. the wraith guard will always be either cavorting or out flanking depending on deployment/setup
osan22
Major

Re: eldar ambassador list 2000

Postby Unorthodoxy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Total fail. Not enough Rangers. not enough Falcons.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby osan22 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:16 pm

While i appreciate the humor, i would actually like feedback on the list
osan22
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:37 am

oooooooooooooh. Wait. What humor?

Anywho, since you're not taking more Falcons nor more Rangers (apparently) let me lay down some wisdom.

wraithblades w/ ghost axes and shields x5 will be gooin on one opf the missions where defending your own objectives is an objective. I thik they are overall not a strong choice in any list. I think I would rather have Striking Scorpions in that role 7 times out of 10. They are incredibly resilient when infiltrating and the Scorpions Claw is potentially the best thing since sliced bread. T6 doesn't, I think, play stronger than actual saves being 2+ in cover like Scorpions can pull off and you get more of them.

Other than that, it looks good. But that would be something to consider.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby osan22 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:46 pm

Wraithblades are my answer to things that ignore cover, like tau and chaos with their multitude of flamers, Striking scorps would get obliterated by them. and while yes the scorpion claw is amazing, it suffers from a poor delivery system, and while t6 might not be the toughest thing ever, the 3+ 4++ they have greatly helps them in that regard, They cant just be heldraked or markerlighted off any objective. You have to put more firepower in them than a unit or two
osan22
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:37 am

osan22 wrote:Wraithblades are my answer to things that ignore cover, like tau and chaos with their multitude of flamers, Striking scorps would get obliterated by them. and while yes the scorpion claw is amazing, it suffers from a poor delivery system, and while t6 might not be the toughest thing ever, the 3+ 4++ they have greatly helps them in that regard, They cant just be heldraked or markerlighted off any objective. You have to put more firepower in them than a unit or two

I dont think FIVE of them is going to fare much better. I think you lose all kinds of utility in deployment. Opinion asked for and given.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby osan22 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:51 am

i mean, its like underestimating th/ss termies because of their numbers, not a legit argument either way. And how am i losing options for deplyoment? They can either outflank with eldrad's rule, or they can march mencingly up the field with the wraithknight. They are the hammer while my range is the anvil
osan22
Major

Postby Unorthodoxy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:44 am

osan22 wrote:i mean, its like underestimating th/ss termies because of their numbers, not a legit argument either way. And how am i losing options for deplyoment? They can either outflank with eldrad's rule, or they can march mencingly up the field with the wraithknight. They are the hammer while my range is the anvil

So...you didn't want advice?

Fair enough, Ambassador. I will not presume to tell you how to handle your entourage. Please, forgive my outburst.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby Flying Death Toast » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:47 pm

osan22 wrote:and how am i losing options for deplyoment?

I would assume he is referring to the lack of infiltrate. Personally I agree on this point in that (for melee units) I think infiltrate has more utility as opposed to outflanking, but again the wraithguard are tough enough to take most of what comes at them for that turn they just walk onto the board. Only thing to be really afraid of is plasma spam.
As for the list itself I do not like the tempest launcher on the dark reaper since his gun will have a shorter range than the rest of his unit. I understand it fills a niche in your list since you do not have templates (no d-scythes), but you do have sufficient volume of fire I think it will not matter too much. My real concern for your list is dealing with air. Guiding the reapers and hoping your starshots do the trick?
Purge them with fire.
Flying Death Toast
Lieutenant

Postby osan22 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:03 pm

yep thats pretty much what happened in the tourney. fishing for 6's with dark reapers and jetbikes. Worked pretty well too. Except against the skyblight list, but even then i still managed to kill a tyrant and a crone
osan22
Major

Return to 40K Army Lists