WarSound.com

South Puget Sound's Tabletop Gamers Forum

1970 German Army list

Re: 1970 German Army list

Postby Unorthodoxy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Dan, thanks for offering to do that. That's really awesome.

I think the problem is now resolved. Apparently, The Game Matrix distributor has managed to get his hands on some. Don't know how but he did. So when I'm ready to build the list, it looks like I'll be able to if they aren't bought up by then.

Again, really appreciate all the effort becauseit really looked like a dead end but maybe they moved up production based on demand or something.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Postby Dan the German Guy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:37 am

Well, it wouldn't have been much trouble. Anything to help out a fellow gamer. ;-) But I'm glad you're getting your list together, one way or the other.
Dan the German Guy
Corporal

Postby Dan the German Guy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:59 am

Another thing in regard to your list: I've criticized you for including only one infantry platoon in your build, regarding one platoon as insufficient. Then it occurred to me I probably made the same mistake in my own tank company. My infantry support consists of a single combat engineer platoon. At the time I put that list together, it seemed sufficient because it comes with organic HMG support and will be backed up by two tanks.
So, where did I err? I regard infantry as an essential tool for combat in urban terrain, for holding an objective and for digging out opposing infantry in assaults in dense terrain.
Was I wrong in regarding one platoon as insufficient for this task, thus in criticizing you? Or did I commit an omission by including only one platoon myself?
Dan the German Guy
Corporal

Postby Unorthodoxy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:27 am

Umm... I dont take it too personally to be honest. Lists come in ALL shapes and sizes. I happen to play a pretty unorthodox style in MOST games I play so I've gotten used to a quirked eyebrow or two. The ultimate arbiter of whether I am right or wrong to build it this way is the scoreboard: Did I win?

The answer is yet to be seen, but I had to make the most critical choice of my campaign here: Do I have eyes and ears on the ground when my men arrive or do i have more boots on the ground? Couldn't have both. Needed to decide before we shipped out for France.

Now one can easily see the value of two platoons and but it was Dylan who convinced me otherwise. =). I shall refer you to his office for a debriefing on his reasons but they sounded good to us before we moved into position for battle.
Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Unorthodoxy
Major

Previous

Return to Army Lists